RE: [users@httpd] No response recieved from Apache at some external locations, but not others

Thanks for the reply.

If it is an FW issue then it must either be my router dropping the packets on the basis of both the IP address it is asked to send them to and the HTTP response code, or a corporate FW dropping incoming packets based on a combination of IP address and response code.

The former seems unlikely to me; I'd be surprised if my router was up to that sort of cleverness.  It certainly isn't logging anything like that, and I certainly haven't configured the firewall like that myself.

I'd be a bit surprised by the latter, too; my work don't seem to filter anything, and the client I'm currently at have a system of informing you if you request something they don't approve of.  Though I suppose my ISP might have been blacklisted by someone or other?

>What is different between clients who *can* access the site and those
>who cannot?

I'm unsure; I thought it might be that "home" users seem to get in OK and "corporate" not, but my wife can get in from her work (a big oil multinational).  I haven't identified a common factor yet.

>Are you sure the logs are really identical too?

I believe so, though I'm currently at work so I'll have to examine them again tonight.  There's definitely nothing in the error log.

>Can you post an example URL for us to try?

OK, try http://www.lidalia.org.uk <http://www.lidalia.org.uk>  - should show the Apache splash page.

(PS - apologies if this is poorly formatted, the Outlook Web Cient doesn't seem to give me many options about playing nice with mailing lists.)

<<winmail.dat>>