RE: [users@httpd] urgent- ideal config setting reqd

One correction: it is a forward proxy :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sai Jai Ganesh Gurubaran
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 4:45 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] urgent- ideal config setting reqd

Hi All,
	We were using Apache 2.0.50 as a reverse proxy on Linux (RHEL 4), compiled in Worker model.
We see that within an hour, the system enters in to swap, whereas CPU is 92% free.
The load on the machine we are not able to calculate, but 'netstat' on port 8080 gives 3000 - 5000 connections on peak load.
The machine used is a 4 GB RAM, 2 GB Swap, dual CPU with HT enabled.
Can anyone suggest what will the ideal configuration for our setup?
Or where we can start looking in to?

The configurations of worker.c  we used were:
       ServerLimit         20
       StartServers        15
       ThreadsPerChild     60
       MaxClients          1200
       MinSpareThreads     25
       MaxSpareThreads     1200
       MaxRequestsPerChild 1000

Now we have changed it to the following and observing the behavior:
	ServerLimit         8
StartServers        3
ThreadsPerChild     50
MaxClients          400
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     100
MaxRequestsPerChild 500

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Sai Jai Ganesh

CORDYS
Net Protector

Phone:    +91 (40) 5556 1363
Mobile:   +91 (40) 98661 23887
Fax:        +91 (40) 5556 1111
Email:     sgurubar@xxxxxxxxxx
Visit us at: www.cordys.com

To stay informed: Subscribe to Engage, our free e-newsletter

message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the
message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact
the sender if you have received this message in error. This email
does not constitute any commitment from Cordys Holding BV or
any of its subsidiaries except when expressly agreed in a written
agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.