Re: [users@httpd] rewrite proxy and query string

On 10/5/06, David Salisbury <salisbury@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the tip, and I have looked into it.  Acutally, right now, in my deconstruction of this,
I'm just trying to get mod_rewrite to rewrite _anything_!

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteRule  ^sda-bin(.*) ddl-bin$1

ScriptAlias /sda-bin/  /some/dir/    # doesn't seem to mater either above or below.

and a request to http://domain.com/sda-bin/m2h?gl/clouds.men returns as normal.
No rewrite logging comes through either.  Maybe that doesn't get turned on unless
there's a match, but it should be matching.  This module hold's it's secrets well. :(

thanx for any clues... and I have cleared my cache, and the access_log log's the
query as normal.  Startup is fine, so the module must be loaded.

In what part of httpd.conf are you placing this?  It is best to place
it ouside any <Directory> section, in which case you need absolute
web-paths.  The absence of a rewritelog would indicate that the
rewriterules are not coming anywhere near the request, since you
should get evidence even of missed matches.

Joshua.