Re: [users@httpd] Logging *everything* in access.log

On 10/2/06, Oliver Marshall <oliver.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know of a list of all the possible options of what to include in
access.log ? We currently have the logfile format set to common,  but I have
been asked to enable logging of "*everything*".

Is there a log format that will log all possible options ?

Whoever asked you that doesn't know what they are talking about.  Here
is a list of everything that can be logged by mod_log_config:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats
But you would never want to include all of that, and anyway, you would
have to enumerate every possible request and response header.

If you really want *everything* logged, then see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dumpio.html

But more likely, you really just want to change to combined log format
rather than common.

Joshua.