[users@httpd] make error with apache 2.2.3 --with-ssl

Howdy,

trying to build apache 2.2.3 on a Mac G4 (old, and slow) with OS X 10.4. I'm trying to build with mod_ssl and a number of other modules, and ran into the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_X509_STORE_CTX_set_depth
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [httpd] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

After make clean and a very simple ./configure (no modules added) I got apache to build, then started adding mods in again and rebuilding. The error crops up every time I try to include mod_ssl.

I just built OpenSSL on this box today, v.0.9.8d (which appears to be a release dated yesterday, with some security fixes). It built just fine, no errors reported, and seems to be working properly by itself.

I've googled the error message and found only one page with the same error on a build of apache 1.3, but no replies or coments to the post, so no joy there. There don't seem to be any relevant posts in the MARC archives for this list.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks tons,

Cris

Cris Ewing
CME and Telehealth Web Services