Re: [users@httpd] /kernel: pid xxxxx (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11

Hi,

I have a lot of these:

[Thu Sep 28 18:59:32 2006] [notice] child pid 29290 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Couple of hundred per week. Also, apache (1.3) is eating memory, untill
the server becomes slow and becomes unfunctional.

I set MaxRequestsPerChild 30 so the memory is now 'under control', but the
segfaults stay. I can't get a core dump either.

I tried strace but somehow it doens't work om my debian sarge distro.
(strace doesn't work somehow).

When I google I can not describe the problem adequately to find the pages
with the aswers.

It all started around the time of the mod_rewrite bug, but that might be a
total coincedence.

I am using the mapserver module (php-mapscript) and this might be the
problem, but anyway, I am not able to find out what's wrong really.

I still need to try the debugging modules though.

Many greetings,

Ace