RE: [users@httpd] Content-Length: 0 on SSL POSTs with IE

> Or is Microsoft making this up and just failing to submit the posted data
> for some reason when in SSL mode.

I'm sure that Microsoft is not making this up, but it may be that the SSL
thing is just a coincidence, or it causes a timing problem.

I used to have problems with zero length POSTs and noticed that it was
always from a user with Internet Explorer.  I did some research and found
the same articles as you.
I patched my CGI scripts to recognise zero length posts from IE users, and
to put out a message requesting that they apply the fix from Microsoft.

I haven't seen a zero length post for months now; I suspect it is either the
result of the update I applied to my CGI scripts or (more likely) a
corporate-wide rollout of some IE update in the company where I work (IBM)

Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk