Re: [users@httpd] Corrupted source files

On 9/23/06, Victor Star <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Apache. I've just installed Apache 2.2.3 on FreeBSD 6.0. Configured it and got it
running. But I'm having something that looks like quite a weird problem. I've done my research on
Google, read FAQ and docs but couldn't find anything even closely resembling my situation.
Description of the problem: when I'm requesting documents like HTML files or images with the browser
- it displays properly the very first time, and after this the original file on the server is
corrupted - filled with some binary garbage. And this garbage is what's displayed on every next
request. Actually this garbage changes from request to request. So what it looks like - that when
Apache grabs the file to send it to the browser, it writes some garbage into it. I've never seen
anything like that before.
Some additional info: when I request php files (served by php_mod) - everything is fine, nothing
gets corrupted.

I would greatly appreciate any hints on where to look for a fix.

I have never ever heard of apache corrupting files on disk, so this
must be something peculiar to your config.  Can you tell us exactly
what changes you made to the default config.  (Or alternatively, go
back to the default config file and make sure everything works, then
slowly re-add your customizations, checking each time to figure out
where things break.)

Joshua.