Re: [users@httpd] Keywords and apache

On 9/19/06, sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx <sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone point me to the best directive to use for keyword redirection.
What we're looking to do is allow visitors to our site to type in say
http://www.mydomain.com/keyword and have them be redirected to
http://www.mydomain.com/keyword/ and then let Apache pick up the default
file index.htm so that it results in the visitor be sent to
http://www.mydomain.com/keyword/index.htm.  Another example would be
redirecting http://www.mdomain.com/keyword to
http://www.mydomain.com/department/services/keyword/index.htm

I tried the redirect directive but can't seem to get it to work.  Here's
what I tried:

Redirect permanent /pw http://www.cob.org/pw/

This is called a trailing-slash redirect, and should happen
automatically if you have "UseCanonicalName off".  Then the index.html
should be delivered automatically if DirectoryIndex is set correctly.
If that isn't working, tell us exactly what is happening including the
contents of the error and access logs for the request.

For the second example, you need something like
Redirect permanent /keyword http://www.mydomain.com/department/services/keyword/

Joshua.