Re: [users@httpd] Re:mod_ssl and mod_proxy RPS config file

Hi Serge,

I changed the following:

ProxyPass /eConnect https://192.168.1.3:443/eConnect
ProxyPassReverse /eConnect https://192.168.1.3:443/eConnect

to:

ProxyPass /eConnect https://subdomain.mydomain.com:443/eConnect
ProxyPassReverse /eConnect https://subdomain.mydomain.com:443/eConnect

Now the Internet browser is not complaining about the cert.  I didn't
realize the IP address or hostname you entered into the proxypass
directives was literally translated into an IP address or hostname in the
URL.  In fact, the proxypass directives for the same web app that stays
HTTP doesn't incorporate the IP address, even though I'm using it in the
directive.  But by making the changes above it appears to be working. Thank
you for the point in the right direction.

I'm curious if you know off-hand if a public cert on the backend web app
server is required in addition to the one on the reverse proxy server.  It
looks like it will work with the two certs, but wondering if we need to
have a unique cert on every backend web app server.  I've also heard that a
wildcard cert might be a good way to go to take care of that aspect.

Thanks again for your help.

____________________________
Steven Niedermeyer
Bellingham, WA

             "Serge Dubrouski"
             <sergeyfd@xxxxxxx
                                       "sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx"
             09/18/2006 03:14          <sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx>

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [users@httpd] Re:mod_ssl and
                                       mod_proxy RPS config file

Sorry lost it from the very beggining :-) Ok. The problem is your
Proxy configuration. SSL Certificate is issued to the server name and
you have to use that server name in the URL. So https://192.168.1.3
will complain because the certificate was issued to for another name,
not for 192.168.1.3. Try to use real name in your SSL proxy
configuration,

On 9/18/06, sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx <sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Serge,
>
> The backend app supports both HTTP and HTTPS protocols (part of the
content
> is unsecured and part is secured).  The HTTP proxying to the backend
server
> is working properly.  The HTTPS proxying is not.
>
> ____________________________
> Steven Niedermeyer
> Bellingham, WA 98225
>

>              "Serge Dubrouski"