[users@httpd] Preventing mod_deflate dechunking of dynamic content

Hello,

I have some PHP scripts that serve dynamic HTML content that takes a
while to serve completely.

They have Javascript blocks that I need to execute immediately on the
browser right after the PHP scripts outputs them, even while the script
is not yet finished. So, chunked content encoding is perfect for this.

However, I use mod_deflate with Apache 2.2 (or mod_gzip with Apache 1.3)
and these modules dechunk content before serving. So I need to find a
way to either enable chunking or disable mod_deflate/mod_gzip for these
particular cases .

The dificulty is that the same URLs may or may not stream Javascript
blocks depending on conditions evaluated only at runtime by the scripts.

So I need to find another way of signaling mod_deflate/mod_gzip to not
dechunk the response.

I think I could emit a custom response header like "x-dechunk: no" or
something else as a flag to prevent dechunking.

However, I do not know how to configure mod_deflate/mod_gzip to act upon
that flag. Anybody has any ideas?

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos