Re: [users@httpd] Reverse SSL proxy with NULL cipher on backend?

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 9/16/06, Josh Wyatt <Josh.Wyatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to use NULL authentication, ciphers, etc to reduce the proxyapache <-> oapache SSL overhead. How can I configure oapache and proxyapache to use NULL for authentication, ciphers, etc?

I don't know the answer to that.  I suspect it is impossible without
modifying the configuratio n of oapache to accept null ciphers.

But in any case, this is silly.  Why no just configure oapache to use
ordinary http instead?

Joshua.

I agree it's silly that SSL is required.  But it truly is for this application (https is hard-coded as the beginning of all URLs), and it's a COTS application, so we can't change that bit.

Now, I absolutely DO have control over oapache's configuration.  And as I stated in my initial post, I already tried specifying NULL ciphers with.  Quoting my initial post:

'SSLProxyCipherSuite NULL' on proxyapache, and 'SSLCipherSuite NULL' on oapache.  In oapache's logfiles I get:

[Fri Sep 15 22:00:51 2006] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server oapache:8888, client proxyapache) (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Fri Sep 15 22:00:51 2006] [error] OpenSSL: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher [Hint: Too restrictive SSLCipherSuite or using DSA server certificate?]

Thanks,
Josh