Re: [users@httpd] mod_dbd mod_authn_dbd mod_authz_dbd confusion

Ok well me and Rob Sterenborg have had similar issues - with near- mystical results - follow the earlier threads (Apache 2.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.24a) from thursday 7 Sept and A NetHack-esque Journey of the dark arts for DBD(mysql) under httpd-2.2.3 from 30 August for back stuff about this.

The way in which authorisation is to be done from 223 is to use mod_dbd to connect to mysql using the dbd mysql driver (hosted at Nick Kew's site - which you probably have) - and then setting up the conf files to suit. I made an early attempt to document my steps at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200608.mbox/% 3c4CDFC4BE-DF11-41D1-A15C-DAA5C7078546@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3e

My current view is that the transition from something like mod_auth_mysql to mod_dbd / mysql is NOT smooth. It may be a good idea to rollback to Apache 2.0 until the dust settles, but if you are brave and have time then contributions would be welcomed by at least one person on this board!

Both Rob and I have successfully implemented 223/5024a to use mod_authz_dbd - but neither of us are sure how or why one compile worked while another didn't.

Good luck!
	Ben

Gents,
I've been having awful time getting the mod_dbd, mod_authn_dbd, mod_authz_dbd to work together. No good documentation has been found, so I would love to hear what you guys have to say on this :) I would love to document my steps, and write a simple howto for everyone to use! What I need, is a way I can authenticate people against a mysql database, which was provided with mod_auth_mysql back in 2.0 realm. Now, since 2.2.3 is out, mod_auth_mysql is not working, and the new way does not seem to be documented properly.

So, does anyone have any documentation they can point me to (other than the obvious apache links)?

   I am completely stuck, and would love to get some help!

THANK YOU!

Vasiliy Boulytchev
vasiliy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx