Re: [users@httpd] Debugging virtual hosts?

I know of no way to trace the mechanism that Virtual Hosts uses, but from observation of several working systems, and close scrutiny of the documentation, it goes mostly like this:

1. Read the "NameVirtualHost xxx" directive to identify which address/ports activate Virtual Hosts.
     On match, proceed to step 2.  In my case this is *:80 - port 80 on any adapter.
2. Now look through the <VirtualHost xxx> directives. I'm not sure if the xxx is matched against the xxx in the NameVirtualHost directive or the interface/port in use. Keep them the same unless you know better!
    For each matching VirtualHost directive, see if the included "ServerName" directive matches the server name from the client (the users browser)
   If the servername matches, then look no further... use this virtual host
   If no servername matches in any virtualhost then use the first virtualhost that matched the NameVirtualHost directive.   You are most likely falling foul of this mechanism