Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.24a

Haha..
Yes. that is what happened with me - a rebuild and weirdness - the thing works. But I'm not happy. I want to know why it works. I am responsible for a set of production servers, and I don't like the 'randomness' - it's far too much like dark magic.

I've been trying to get another set of amends (using a better approach) to work - with no joy - (this time on a test server) I will update when done. Maybe Nick is pxssxd off with me for telling him that there is more to the issue than just packaging, but some insight into what is going on would be gratefully received. I've already spent a great deal more time on learning backend httpd / apr that I wished for. I'm not a C programmer any more, and I don't want to have to learn "C' style APIs very much...

Gr   [:-)

	Ben

Ben <mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rob, (Nick)

Hi Ben,

I made all changes to the files as suggested, but... WTF is going on..? I'm not getting any errors anymore...!! DBD-MySQL auth is working! ^ $%$# (Which is of course a Good Thing but now I don't know what error I would
have had.)

I'm stumped: I have not reconfigured (./configure ...) httpd-2.2.3,
apr-1.2.7 or apr-util-1.2.7. I just performed "make clean", "make",
"make install", restarted apache and it works! I have recompiled apr,
apr-util and apache 4 or 5 times now after upgrading to MySQL-5.0.24a
and this last time it's working.

Gr,
Rob