Re: [users@httpd] Before I post, this is the list for users of Apache with question about it's operation and set up

On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

The first thing you should do is read:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html
which seems to answer a couple of your questions.

Thank you Joshua.

I had used that page and a few others to create my directives and my .htaccess files.

I am going to post some code from httpd.conf and my .htaccess file to make sure they are working together to keep my website safe.

As I am new to this whole process there maybe mistakes or I might have enable directives that disable the .htaccess file.

So if someone would take a once over and let me know I would truly appreciate it.

The files I will be posting I also need to know if the coding will interfere with URL SEO by not allowing access to the files that need to be indexed.

Also I will be posting up the spider.txt and robots.txt file to find out how if at all those would be effected by the .htaccess file or the directives or if that would be causing a problem with URL SEO.

Thank you.

Leon