RE: [users@httpd] Dynamic RewriteRule based on the URL

Take a look at RewriteCond - this allows you to make conditional
redirects and so generate an if-else construct, eg:

RewriteCond domainA
RewriteRule to folder A
RewriteCond domainB
RewriteRule to folder B

Of course, the rewrite directives then go in the main body of the config
so they apply to all VHs. BTW, not sure if this is less or more
work/effort than your original solution.. So I guess you're really
looking for:

RewriteRule to folder(domain)

where the destination depends on the value of "domain"... I can't think
of an easy way to do this - plough through the examples in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> etc...
>

> So is there a nice way to reduce this to only one rule where if a
> request is sent to folder_A.domain.tld the RewriteRule,
> RequestHandler,
> ErrorLog, CustomLog entries are changed accordingly?
>
> Perhaps something like in the line of %{SERVER_NAME}:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName  %{FOLDER_NAME}.domain.tld
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:9080/%{FOLDER_NAME}/$1 [P]
>     RequestHeader set X-Base-Path %{FOLDER_NAME}
>     ErrorLog       /var/log/apache2/%{FOLDER_NAME}-error_log
>     CustomLog      /var/log/apache2/%{FOLDER_NAME}-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>

> Would this work and how would you set the %{FOLDER_NAME} if
> it does or is there a different approach?
>
> Many thanks
>

> Norman

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.