Re: [users@httpd] unknow sites found in access_log?

> The part after the ? is the query string, not the filename.  Do you
> have a directory "ppv" on your server?  If so, this might be normal.
> If not, you are either proxying requests or you are returning 200
> (success) status codes for requests to non-existant files.  Either
> way, you have a problem.

That's not a good sign.  No, there is no 'ppv' on our server.  'grep -i
proxy httpd.conf' returns:

==
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
#ProxyRequests On
#<Proxy *>
#</Proxy>
#ProxyVia On
#   CacheRoot "/var/cache/mod_proxy"
# End of proxy directives.
==

Is the above configuration sufficient to say the web server is _not_
proxying?   If yes, then what config can cause the server to return the
success code to non-existant files?  I was told we have an Apache proxy
server running on the private network which is not connected to the
Internet.  Could that even be related?  I'm going to dig more.

Bing