Re: [users@httpd] Scoreboard file not created

I have a condition in my network where all of a sudden the server becomes unresponsive I want to know what and where things are messing up.

I am using PHP for server side scripting where I open UNIX dgram socket to comunicate to the back end. I have a test where 800-1000 user try to access the server.

I see lot of  UNIX stream sockets in connected state in net stat though I am using UNIX dgram sockets. I also see the apache has reached MaxClient limit of 250.

When such condition arises I see whole of my system becomes slow.
I want to get a clear idea where things are messing up.

On 8/30/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/30/06, Chidanand Gangur <chidanand.gangur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have compiled apache 1.3.34 on linux 2.4.28 the compilation went through
> fine and no issues in normal working of apache. I want to enable scoreboard
> feature of apache, I have added the corresponding configuration line in
> httpd.conf but still the contfiguration file but still i do not find the
> scoreboard file.
>
>  I also tried compiling with HAVE_SHMGET=1 USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD=1
>
>  Is there any other compilation option to be enabled.

First, why do you want to "enable (the) scoreboard feature of apache"?
Normally the scoreboard is held in shared memory, which is much more
performant.  Why do you want to change this?

Joshua.