RE: [users@httpd] suicidal suexec question.

Joshua,

Let me pass this pseudo logic by you.

* Create a dedicated user (say suapache:suapache/no shell/no homedir).
* Add that user to the sudo privileges file (with access the dedicated
list of apps they can execute with nopass set and only localhost as
access).
* Create another instance of Apache running on a different port running
with the new user (suapache) on 127.0.0.1.

>From reading the sudoers sample page this seems to fit what I want to
do.  Does this logic seem appropriate?

My next question about the Apache instance.  I can either do one of two
things, create a completely separate instance of apache from source or
use the existing runtime with a separate configuration file.  I am
familiar with the first (as we have run two separate instances before)
but I don't have any experience running two instances with distinct
configuration files.

Which would you suggest?

Gary Wayne Smith

Slive