Re: [users@httpd] Apache configuration problem

Hello Rob

Tx for the reply, yes I understand now what is happening. There is another file added to the apache2 version (called default) which has another override command that needed comenting out. From what I can remember from apache 1.x this was all done from the http.confg file.

Problem resolved, tx agaib for your help.
Glen

users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> All you should have to do is change the DocumentRoot directive.  And
> the associated <Directory ...> block.  I haven't used Debian, but in
> the default httpd.conf for Redhat/Fedora the directives are documented
> pretty well.
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www
>
> On 8/26/06, Glen  Tapley <tapley1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Debian Sarge and have installed apache2.
> >
> > When I access my webpage on the debian server it defaults to
> > http://www.myserver.com/apache2-default/
> > The web page is still displayed but the index file has to be in the directory /var/www/apache2-default.
> >
> > How do I change the configuation so that it reads
> > http://www.myserver.com/ and the index file is in the directory /var/www?
> >
> > I have had previous experience with apache and I had to change the apache.conf file (I think) and change the root document setting to point to /var/www and the problem was resolved. This does not seem to be the answer with the new version of apache.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with my problem?
> >
> > Tx in advance
> >
> > Glen

> > Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
> > Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts

> --
>
> Rob Wilkerson

Glen Tapley