From: Luca Meneghesso [mailto:meneghesso_news@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: mercoledì 23 agosto 2006 19.26
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Digest authentication with mod_authn_dbd + MySQL
driver

Nick,

> You're trying to do Digest authentication with a Basic authn configuration
> by just switching AuthType.  You need an AuthDBDUserRealmQuery, and
> you'll need to populate your database with md5 digests.  See the digest
> authn documentation.

It works now. I didn't realize that my query must include also the realm.

I populated the password field on my database by copying the md5 digests
generated with the htdigest tool. Is there any other way to do it?
I tried with that the MD5() function in MySQL but it does is not generate
the same digests as htdigest.

> (one advantage of DBD is you can use the same table for both types
> of authn.  Just use different columns for Basic and Digest entries).

That's a feature I will certainly use!

>> --
>> Nick Kew

Thank you for your help.