Re: [users@httpd] How to disable errors and redirect allways to default.php

On 8/21/06, Steve Swift <steve.j.swift@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you want to map /anything to your default.php then look at
ScriptAliasMatch or AliasMatch, depending how you setup access to
default.php (I have no experience of how php is set up)

Those will only work if php is running as a CGI.

The easy (but perhaps hackish) way to solve this is
ErrorDocument /default.php
But make sure to have your php script reset the Status header so that
clients don't receive a 404.  (I assume that is possible; I've never
tried it myself.)

Other than that, mod_rewrite could certainly do this.  How complicated
it would be would depend on your exact requirements.  (For example,
are there some real files in the filesystem that should be served if
they are requested, or does *every* request (including for images) on
this site go to /default.php.)  In the simplest case:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule !^/default.php /default.php

Joshua.

Joshua.