[users@httpd] stopping processes(dual) from filling up server space

Hello, I am new. Does anyone know how to limit the
amount of cpu time slice usage so that this possible
new exploit does not fill up all the space of a apache
server? Like setting a timer of .0005 nanoseconds that
will stop a virus from filling up space?
For instance, I'll be more specific. Take for instance
the following C code that will fill up all available
disk space && bring to a halt a University running
Solaris(tried) in the 90's.
forgive my syntax, it's been ten years since I've
written any code.
main()
    {
      for(;;)
      malloc(1000);
        {
          fork();
         }
    }
return()
Well that was easily plugged by the administrator.
Could such a thing happen in a apache based web server
where you issue a rule set || someone email me and
teach me how to stop such malicous code?
Thank You This is very important
Greg

The Fatman walks alone.