Re: [users@httpd] installing Apache 2.23 under Windows

Subject: Re: [users@httpd] installing Apache 2.23 under Windows

> Teddy,
> During the installation, the installer does allow you to chose the target
> dir. I guess you probably miss it.
> I am sure you will find it if you go through the installation one more
> time. Thanks.

Thanks, but I didn't miss it. :-(
I have specified it, and I was very careful, because I also had this issue
with Apache 2.2.

Then I have tried a few times more, and on one try I specified again d:\ but
the server was installed on d:\ directly, without creating an apache2.2 or
another apacheXX dir.

I have uninstalled again, and I specified d:\apache, but this time it was
installed successfully.

The installer is not right, because in the older versions of Apache (2.0) it
use to work differently (and more correctly).

Thanks.

Teddy