Re: [users@httpd] WebServer slower after turned on KeepAlive

Joshua,  Thanks a lot for you reply.

I also think about the possible explanation.
Theoretically, Without "KeepAlive On", Apache parent
will pick whatever needed number of multiple children
to handle multiple requests in parallel.  However, in
the condition of "KeepAlive On", a specific child,
which has the connection ESTABLISHED with the client,
will handle the multiple requests from the same client
sequentially. It slows down the performance in the
condition of large number of objects/files in a single
hit.  In the opposite, the "KeepAlive Off" would
perform faster since Apache will handle multiple
requests by multiple children simultaneously in
parallel.  Do you think the above explanation makes
sense?

Thx, Q.Xie