Re: [users@httpd] DBD Authentication using MySQL

On 8/10/06, Rob Sterenborg <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

It took me a long time but I was finally able to compile Apache with DBD and
get it "working". That is: it seems to authenticate (no errors indicating
otherwise) but it reports an error about an Authoritative handler.

Searching around to resolve that I was pointed to the AuthBasicAuthoritative
directive, which should be On according to this post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200604.mbox/%3ce498c1660604230723q7ce2ebe9wfd2c4077c0b3524c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3e

Below is the config for the "test" directory and the error I get.
As you can see, AuthBasicAuthoritative is not set so should default to On. (No
.htaccess files in use.) I tried both settings, but the same error keeps
showing up.

Can someone please point me to what I'm overlooking?

Do you have mod_authn_default and mod_authz_default included in your config?

Joshua.