Re: [users@httpd] APACHE Session ID issue.

On 8/8/06, Lalit Seth <sethlalitwo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for Replying....

yes, sessionId is internal to PHP.
But sessionID remain same for Mac3 unless browser is closed.
but changes for each click for other addresses.

I have checked on other machines this works correclty for all. Also, there
is no issue with PHP Setup and PHP Code. As the same code works for Mac3 but
fails for other DNS name of same machine.

Why does APACHE Web Server treats Mac1, Mac2, Mac4 and Mac5 as some other
machines rather than treating them as same.

I really think you are coming at this from the wrong direction.  The
session ID is negotiated between PHP and the browser.  Apache httpd
has no participation in it other than sending along the Set-Cookie
header.  So you would really be better off in a php discussion forum.

Joshua.