Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Script/binary execution

--- "Devireddy, Nagendra Reddy (STSD)"
<nagendra@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am facing some problem while access a .exe file
> from the server.
>
> http://localhost:3444/test.exe
>
> Its giving the following error :
>
> Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was
> unable to complete your request.
> Please contact the server administrator,
> admin@xxxxxxxxxx and inform
> them of the time the error occurred, and anything
> you might have done
> that may have caused the error.
> More information about this error may be available
> in the server error
> log.
> And this is the error message in server log ..
> Premature end of script headers: test.exe, referer:
> http://localhost:3444/test.exe
> But I am able to run that exe from command line. Its
> generating correct
> output. I have given the permissions as  rwxrwxrwx
> and tried. Then also
> its giving the same problem.
> Can some one help me on this..
> Thanks in advance ..
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nagendra Reddy. D

I'll ask it.. you did put the exe into a cgi
designated folder and added a handler to the
httpd.conf?
by default, apache will not execute ANY file, only
send it via http, you have to reduce the site security
by enabling the folder(s) holding files you want
executed and make sure you tell apache how to handle them.

Jeff Henager: "If the average user can put a CD in and boot the system and follow the prompts, he can install and use Linux. If he can't do that simple task, he doesn't need to be around technology."