RE: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap for 2.2.2

Elaine,
Thank you for your help!

I had already installed Apache once without any modules, so I had
apr-utils installed.
I had been trying to compile and recompile apr-utils because of all the
errors having to do with apr-utils, but was unsuccessful every time.
One problem I had was that apr-utils was being extremely particular
about it's install directory.
In any directory other than /usr/local/apache2, or /usr/local/httpd-apr
and /usr/local/httpd-apr-utils, I would get a complaint stating
explicitly that it could not be installed in my
/home/userName/apache2.2.2 directory.
This complaint/error would occur during the 'make install' process

This is was the case, becasue I was using the --prefix to try to install
over my previous Apache install in my home directory.

The second problem was those two missing flags, thank you for pointing
me to those otherwise I would have never solved this issue!
--with-ldap-lib=/usr/local/lib and
--with-ldap-include=/usr/local/include.

Once you told me about those flags, I started over completely: I went to
a fresh environment with none of my previous env variables set, and
tarred Apache again into a new source directory.
I used those two flags plus all the previous flags:--prefix=(home
directory location) --enable-ldap, --enable-authnz-ldap, --with-ldap,
and also --enable-ssl.

The only problem I had then was the apr-utils message which complained
during the 'make install' process just as it had done before.
I took away the prefix flag, allowing Apache to install in the default
location: /usr/local/apache2.
Result: 0 errors! I checked httpd -l and all the modules are there.

I have a few questions about your entry below:

> "./configure" \
> "--prefix=/www/httpd_2.2.2" \
> "--enable-so" \
> "--enable-ssl=shared" \
> "--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl-httpd2" \
> "--enable-ldap" \
> "--enable-authnz-ldap" \
> "--with-ldap-lib=/usr/local/lib" \
> "--with-ldap-include=/usr/local/include" \
> "--with-ldap" \

What is the --enable-so flag for?
Is the --with-ssl flag pointing to the ssl libraries?
Why is --enable-ssl set to shared? Does that have something to do with
DSO?

Again, thank you very much for your help Elaine,
Micahel DeClerck