Re: [users@httpd] Rerouting Localhost (to XAMPP home page)

OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Rob Wilkerson <r.d.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should be able to do this one of two ways:

1. Change your DocumentRoot directory and the associated
block to /Applications/xampp/htdocs
2. Uncomment the NameVirtualHosts directive and create a
*:80> block that has a DocumentRoot that point to
/Applications/xampp/htdocs

You should be able to take a look at the Apache docs and find a pretty
decent amount of information about each of these directives/blocks.

On 7/30/06, David Blomstrom wrote:
> I'm still struggling with my XAMPP installation. I finally got it downloaded
> and extracted, but when I starated the installation, everything installed
> except Apache. I decided to have another look at the default Apache
> installation. I opened System Preferences > Sharing and discovered that
> "Personal Web Sharing" was already enabled. Yet I got a dead page when I
> typed http://localhost into my browser.
>
> So I disabled Personal Web Sharing, the re-enabled it. Now, I get the
> standard Apache greeting when I type in http://localhost. So I'm getting
> closer, but http://localhost is supposed to point to my new XAMPP home page.
>
> As I recall, I had a similar problem when I installed XAMPP on my PC, and I
> solved it by somehow pointing http://localhost to a different page. But I
> can't remember how I did it.
>
> I think this is XAMPP's home page:
>
> Applications/xampp/htdocs/index.html
>
> When I double click it, it previews at file:///xampp/index.php, but I get a
> "File not found" error message. I found my httpd.conf file and opened it,
> but I didn't find any virtual host settings. I did find this line near the
> end:
>
> #NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> Anyway, do you know how I can make http://localhost point to
> Applications/xampp/htdocs/index.html ?