Re: [users@httpd] Error when issuing a 302 from a CGI

Joshua Slive wrote:
On 7/28/06, Eike Frost <ei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Friday 28 July 2006 21:42, Jose Adriano Baltieri wrote:
> I have a tiny CGI program written in C that's like this :
(...)
> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
> Location: http://www.unimep.br
>
> However, when I run it from the browser I'll receive an "Internal Server
> Error".

Rename the CGI script to nph-something -- this will tell mod_cgi to treat the
script as one with non-parseable headers (and subsequently leaves the
response code alone to do with as you wish).

This advice will probably work, but the better advice is to replace
the first line with
CGI scripts don't emit the status line, but they can tell the server
to send a particular status using the Status header.  See the CGI
spec.
Hi Joshua !

Your suggestion DOES fixes it. I applied it and now it's working OK !

Joshua.

Obrigado,
               Jose Adriano Baltieri - Analista de Sistemas
               DTI - CENTRO - UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
               PIRACICABA - SP - Brasil - Fone : (19) 3124-1858