Re: [users@httpd] UserDir directive not seen, instead DocumentRoot from httpd.conf prefixing ~user

I went back before this email and realized it wasn't the same.
I changed it so httpd.conf looks like:

# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
#
# using bingiwas from bingnfs1 httpd.conf as an example

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
        UserDir public_html
       UserDir disabled root

        <Directory /u0/users/*/*/public_html>
                AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
                Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                IncludesNoExec
        </Directory>
</IfModule>

NameVirtualHost 128.226.6.37

<VirtualHost 128.226.6.37>
  ServerName bingiwas.binghamton.edu
  DocumentRoot /u0/users
  #DocumentRoot /var/www/bingiwas
  CustomLog /var/log/access_log common

  <Directory /u0/users/*/public_html>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig
    Options +IncludesNOEXEC -FollowSymLinks -ExecCGI +Indexes
  </Directory>

  <Directory /u0/users/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
    Options execCGI
    SetHandler cgi-script
  </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Should I still be using apache2.conf when I uswe httpd.conf?
Another admin and I were talking, we think another problem is that we are
not using NIS
on this box. It appears that NIS just flat won't work on an Debian ETCH box.

At 10:41 AM 7/27/2006 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>On 7/27/06, Craig M. Houck <chouck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Josh;
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> If you look back at the email you responded to I included httpd.conf and I
>> have the same entry there as userdir.conf.
>
>No, you do not.  Read your httpd.conf again.
>
>Joshua.

RbtBotL
Craig - ><>

 o    BU SysAdmin