[users@httpd] Inflate with mod_deflate problem...

Hi,

	I'm currently using Apache 2.0 as an accelerator and performing a
certain amount of HTTP / HTML rewriting successfully.  I'm currently
building a replacement server and am attempting to move to Apache 2.2
but appear to be having some problems using filters.

I need to insert proxy-html to perform the HTML rewriting and therefore
need to ensure that any content from the backend server is inflated
before proxy-html handles it.

My config so far is:

--- Config extract ---
<VirtualHost 172.16.1.1:80>
 DocumentRoot /var/www/test/html
 ServerName test.domain.co.uk

 CustomLog logs/test/access_log combined
 ErrorLog logs/test/error_log

 FilterProvider  decompress INFLATE resp=Content-Type $text/html
 FilterProvider  fixup proxy-html resp=Content-Type $text/html
 FilterProvider  recompress DEFLATE resp=Content-Type $text/html

 RewriteEngine on

 <Location />
  FilterChain =decompress fixup recompress
 </Location>

 RewriteRule      ^/(.*)$ http://backend-server.domain.co.uk:50000/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>
--- Config extract ---

My client then only receives the following:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

To eliminate proxy-html I tried:

FilterChain =decompress recompress

and had the exact same problem.  Even with:

FilterChain =decompress

it's the same.  Indicating that mod_deflate is having problems inflating
the content.

If I add:

RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding then everything is fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@xxxxxxxxx
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.