Re: [users@httpd] Has mod speling changed?

linux? if its that, then you are kinda stuck. I ran a site that used
2.0 and then we got 2.2.12 and the difference between /foo\ and /foo/
and \foo\ was that under Windows, its ...\foo\... and under Linux its
.../foo/... and in freeBSD its ...\foo/ and under NetBSD ../foo\... so
its a battle of the / / \ directory delimiter. i know this is in no
way related to the case-sensitivity, but im getting there.

the module that we used was called mod_serveallcases.c
this would serve the file INDEX.HTML or InDeX.HtMl or INDeX.htmL (or
any variant) even if the file on the server was 'index.html', and that
broke in 2.2 because it used a different serving method. even though
slight, it made a huge difference.

On 7/26/06, Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sniedermeyer@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> I noticed this issue switching from IIS to Apache.  My initial research
> pointed to file names being case insensitive, but directories still
> remaining case sensitive.  Please let me know if you find out otherwise.
>
> Steven.

OK - In Apache 2.0 the directories were case insensitive too. Now in 2.2
I'm getting 404 errors. What do I have to do to make the directories not
case sensitive?

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.