Von: Dietmar.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Dietmar.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006 15:16
An: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: AW: [users@httpd] HTML Form instead of browser prompt for
authentication?

Hello Peter,

tomcat support form based auth with simple declaration in the web.xml.
The datasource can be database, ldap or flat file.

regards Dietmar

"Peter Neu" <peter.neu@xxxxxxx> am 26.07.2006 15:10:47

Bitte antworten an users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An:     <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Kopie:
Thema:  AW: [users@httpd] HTML Form instead of browser prompt for
        authentication?

Hello Owen,

the apache is only a proxy meant for authentication. I simply forward all
requests to a tomcat server. Natural answer would be why don't configure
authentication there? That's because somebody needed ip based
authentication
(x)or password authentication. This is nuts, I know but It's the scenario.
So I just need the authentication - programming something in PHP
or CGI makes everything more complicated.

Cheers,
Pete