[users@httpd] Authentication (digest) - help

Hello

I am trying to get digest auth to work with my web server.  I am using my home
dir as an example.

http.conf  (bits that I think are important)

LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

#
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    #
    # UserDir is disabled by default since it can confirm the presence
    # of a username on the system (depending on home directory
    # permissions).
    #
    #UserDir disable

    #
    # To enable requests to /~user/ to serve the user's public_html
    # directory, remove the "UserDir disable" line above, and uncomment
    # the following line instead:
    #
    UserDir public_html

</IfModule>

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

.htaccess

AuthType Digest
AuthName "private area"
AuthDigestDomain /private/ http://xxx.no-ip.info/~eduardo/
AuthDigestFile /home/eduardo/public_html/.htdigest-passwd
Require valid-user

then I issued the command

htdigest -c /home/eduardo/public_html/.htdigest-passwd  "private area" eduardo

It doesn 't work at all.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

/home/eduardo/public_htm
l/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AuthDigestFile', perhaps misspelled or defined
by
a module not included in the server configuration

I have no idea what apache is telling? All the modules have been loaded!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Ed