Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to restart

Rob-

Thanks for the response.

This is definitely not a configuration issue. The error logs don't seem to indicate why only one process starts, but the children fail to start. I get a normal startup message in the logs. The only thing that clears this is re-booting the host.

Are there other places where I could look?

Rob

Rob Wilkerson wrote:
I'd check your config first.  I forget the syntax for Redhat, but for
my Knoppix system it's "/usr/sbin/apache2 -t".  To check your system,
locate the httpd executable and display it's help:

"/path/to/httpd -h"

Then, assuming everything checks out, check /var/log/httpd.  Hopefully
this will provide enough info to move forward.