Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod_include error log

On 7/23/06, Brian McDonald <brian.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > My Apache error log is full of these warnings every time a page is not
> found
> >

> > [error] File does not exist: /var/www/html/bobo.html
> > [warn] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set,
> > INCLUDES filter removed
> >
> > Running Fedora 4 Apache httpd-2.0.54
> >
> > here is an extract from my httpd.conf
> >
> > <Directory "/var/www/error">
> > AllowOverride All
> > Options Includes
> > AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
> > AddHandler type-map var
> > Order allow,deny
> > Allow from all
> > LanguagePriority en es de fr
> > ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
> > </Directory>
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What does the ErrorDocument 404 directive look like?  Are there any
> other Options directives in your config file that could be having an
> effect?
>
> Joshua.
>

> Here are the error directives
> ErrorDocument 404 /appies/templates/missing.html
> ErrorDocument 500 /appies/templates/servererror.html
> ErrorDocument 402 /appies/templates/permissiondenied.html

The <Directory> section you quote above does not apply to these files
evidently.  So is the Options directive set correctly for these files?

Joshua.

I added this to the httpd.conf and still get the errors

    <Directory "/var/appies/templates">
        AllowOverride All
        Options Includes
        AddHandler type-map var
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        LanguagePriority en es de fr
        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
    </Directory>

Sure, but does /appies/templates really map to /var/appies/templates?

Here's how to fix this:
Go throught httpd.conf and any Include'd config files (and possible
.htaccess files) and find every single Options directive.  Add
"Includes" to all those directives and restart the server.  Confirm
that everything works.  Then start removing the ones that you think
shouldn't be applying to the request until you find the critical one.

Joshua.