Re: [users@httpd] Weird gibberish when loading a gif in Firefox, but it's fine in IE...

Ok i got the httpd.conf and mime.types file from my systems person and the conf file seems correct...

here's a snip of httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    TypesConfig /etc/httpd/conf/mime.types
</IfModule>

and in mime.types:

image/gif            gif

Shouldn't this be all there is to making the server send the correct content-type for the image? if so, then the only other explanation now would be whether or not mod_mime.c is loaded, correct? (sorry i would test this right now but this is production stuff)

thanks thanks thanks...

Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/19/06, Edric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did look at that earlier and I saw that the TypesConfig directive points
> to a mime.types file with the following entry:
> image/gif gif
>
> one little quirk i just realized is that the web app/server I'm debugging
> isn't the one that hosts the dynamically generated gif file... i have no
> control over that server and my app merely accesses the link. would that be
> the cause of the problem?

Yes. The server that is sending the image must send the correct
content-type in the http headers. There is no way to work around
that.

Joshua.