Re: [users@httpd] Weird gibberish when loading a gif in Firefox, but it's fine in IE...

Hi,

I did look at that earlier and I saw that the TypesConfig directive points to a mime.types file with the following entry:
image/gif            gif

one little quirk i just  realized is that the web app/server I'm debugging  isn't the one that hosts the dynamically generated gif file... i have no control over that server and my app merely accesses the link. would that be the cause of the problem?

Thanks again.

Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/19/06, Edric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's no content-type being set in the header... this is all i have in the
> head:
>

> thanks for your help

He means the HTTP response header, not the html header. Look at the
mime.types file configured by the TypesConfig directive or
alternatively use an AddType directive to set the correct type. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html

Joshua.