Re: [users@httpd] Windows XP Apache 2.0 msi file buggy?

On 7/18/06, Edric <ehankamo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i wasted a good 3 hours or so wondering why the http server test page
wouldnt work, finally realizing that Apache does not like spaces in the file
path. for example, by default, the installation file creates the folder
"Apache 2," which messes things up for me... is this just a windows xp
problem, just my problem, or what? I've installed this on linux before and
dont recall having this type of problem. i've searched the FAQ and
documentation but didn't notice anything mentioning this issue.

Spaces in folders work fine as long as everything is properly quoted.
And also remember to use exclusively forward slashes.

Joshua.