[users@httpd] mod_proxy question

Hi,

How can I turn ProxyPreserveHost on for for some RewriteRules then off again for some ProxyPass lines in the same vhost? Putting ProxyPreserveHost On before the Rewrites works as expected (turns it on), but when I put the ProxyPreserveHost Off command before the ProxyPass lines, it has no effect, ProxyPreserveHost appears to still be on. It's as if the directive is ignored. Is this the correct behaviour?

The docs are not real clear on this point and there are no entries in bugzilla.

Thanks!

David f.