[users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Redirect setup

I am brand new to Apache. I managed to get the latest version installed and running with SSL on Windows XP. I want to use the Apache server as a reverse proxy to my JBoss/Tomcat server. On my web site I have the requirement to secure some of the pages while others remain unsecured. (It’s a basic eCommerce type site where you can browse products and I only need to be secure when a purchase is made.)

What I am trying to figure out is how to have the requests for the secure pages redirected to https while the unsecured pages use http. I’ve spent the better part of the last two days searching for help to no avail. If anyone could help or give me a push in the right direction I would appreciate it…

Thanks,

Steve