Re: [users@httpd] SSL issues.

mmm...ya, I have never ever thought about the point about router! I
have like 2 routers connected before the line goes to my laptop! So
may I know for the forwarding, is it necessary to forward from port
443 to port 443 or I can forward to any other port? By the way, what
is port 443 for? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Anyi

On 7/7/06, Evan Platt <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 09:47 AM 7/7/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Thanks so much for your reply.
>Couple of qestions:
>Do I have to turn off all the firewalls? I have Macfee Antivirus
>installed on my laptop, but I am not sure whether it has the firewall
>fuction or not because there is another product from Macfee called
>Macfee Personal Firewall. Also, by turning off firewall, would that
>post a security risk to my laptop? How should I get around with that?
>I have not checked the error log yet since I do not have my laptop
>with me right now. I will check it tonight and let you know what it
>says ASAP. Thanks a lot!

You may not need to turn off the firewall, but any and all firewalls
will need to allow port 443 in and outbound. And if you're behind a
NAT gateway, the gateway will need to forward port 443 from the
public  IP address to the private IP address the computer running apache is on.

You SHOULD, regardless, on the machine running apache, be able to
browse to http://localhost:443 regardless of the firewall. - Note
SHOULD, some firewalls are so strict you can't.

Best Wishes,
Anyi Zhu
Undergraduate Student
School of Mathematics