RE: [users@httpd] How to tell if Apache is really running

This last line means it started successfully and the fact that you see httpd processes in the process table confirm this.

You say "now matter what I cannot access the web site": what does this mean?

I meant no matter what.

- how are you trying to "access" it? Via a browser? curl? command-line?

The only way I know to access it is with a web browser.

- what error do you get in the browser (real error please)?

Page not found

in the error logs?

Which error log should I look at?  I have access_log, access_log_webakuzer, agent_log, error_log (the one I sent the end of), referrer_log, ssl.log, ssl_engine_log, ssl_request_log.

Thanks.

At a guess, I'd say you have a minor misconfiguration that means apache can't route your request to a VH or can't find the docroot - but we need more info...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle