Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2.2: mod_headers %{env-var}e

On 6/30/06, Philip Brusten <philip.brusten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a reverse proxy (Apache2.2.2) where I want to set a request
header "a" based on the value of another request variable "b".
Additionally, request header "b" must have a certain value. If request
header "b" doesn't match that certain value, I don't want to set request
header "a".
This is how I planned to do this:

- Check request header "b" and set an environment variable if true.
(SetEnvIf)
- Set request header "a" with value of request header "b" when the
environment variable, mentioned above, is set.

eg:
SetEnvIf MyRequestVar_b ^regex$ SET_HEADER_OK
RequestHeader set MyRequestVar_a %{HTTP_MYREQUESTVAR_B}e env=SET_HEADER_OK

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the second line works under
Apache2 but always returns (null) under apache2.2.2. I need apache2.2.2
because of its keep-alive functionality as reverse-proxy.
Can all request headers be used for matching in the directive SetEnvIf?
Maybe I am using a wrong syntax for looking up the environment variables?

That's not exactly clear.  Apache 2.2.2 is a subset of Apache2.  What
is the old version anyway?

One quess is that your have "RewriteEngine On" on the old version but
not the new version.  This has the effect of putting certain variables
into the environment that would not otherwise be there.  I don't think
RequestHeader has direct access to the HTTP_ variables otherwise, so
you'd need to use mod_setenvif or mod_rewrite to get at that variable.

Joshua.