Re: [users@httpd] apache and ssl

Does anyone else think that this is wrong?

        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/certs/sitename.com.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/keys/sitename.com.key
     >> SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/root/sitename.com.crt

It looks like you're telling it that the Certificate Authority is the
same file as the Certificate itself.  I could be wrong tho.

As regards to the VHost defs: it depends what you've got in front of the
server in the way of DNS or loadbalancers.

Your domain name can only resolve to point at one IP address (unless
you're using load balancers or proxies etc etc).  So any request for the
SSL port of demo.sitename.com is going to arrive at the same IP as the
port 80 connection.

http://demo.sitename.com  > IP1
https://demo.sitename.com > Still IP1

(Have you set "NameVirtualHost" or not?)