RE: [users@httpd] apache and ssl

Well, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe your browser doesn't support the encryption methods offered by the server (unlikely).

In the broad sense, one way to get a page to only load in SSL is to remove that page from the access space of the non-SSL virtual host.  Then, add access rights in the SSL virtual host via a Directory directive as it seems like you've done.

In any case, look at the logs like Joshua was saying.  That's the first step.

JP