RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy between WebSphere and the WebServer - prevent "Bad Gateway" errors.

Actually, without the Proxy, the WAS plugin properly
detects an instance as being down and reroutes the
requests to one of the other app servers. So, with the
proxy, it keeps sending requests to the faulty server
causing people to see frequent "bad gateway errors".

But, you are correct when dealing with an environment
that only has one appserver that is down, or dealing
with an environment with multiple app servers -- all
of which are down.

So, in my my multi-app server environment, the proxy
is basically breaking the plugin's functionality to
detect and reroute traffic.

--- Axel-Stéphane  SMORGRAV